2.17.2011

Power Outage, Hockey and BWW

The boys and I were up pretty early this morning. We were quite lazy for a bit and then we all got ready, packed up and headed over to Great Grandma Joan's house! Dad, Lisa and Grandma were going to watch the boys for me so I could get back to the condo to finish cleaning.

I get there and when I walked into the building I noticed how dark it was.. Of course I didn't put two and two together because I was too focused on everything I had to get finished and cleaned up. Walk in the door. No power. Well isn't that just spiffy! Now.. How I am suppose to vacuum.... Ideas were really drumming through my head. I gave up. I swept the floors, mopped them and cleaned the kitchen. I couldn't clean the bathroom because well, I couldn't see in there to do so. ;) I did what I could and got going. Luckily I ran into Jim on the way out and told him that I would be back this weekend to finish everything up.

I got back to Grandma's house, dad and Lisa were going to go to the new outdoor mall. I really wanted to go with them, however Finnegan really needed a nap. So we decided that I would take Finn home to nap and Billy could go with them! Billy had a great time with PoPo Joe and Nana Lisa, he's just so precious! Finn took a great nap and I to be quite frank... Was a lazy bum. And you know what? It felt great! I haven't done that in quite awhile.

At 5:40 Finn and I left to go meet up with dad and Lisa at Matteson Square Gardens Tri-Plex to watch Nick play hockey! Billy was enamored watching the hockey game. He couldn't take his eyes off of it. The moment he looked away was to look at the cool video games :) I had Bosco Sticks! OMG OMG OMG! I haven't had those since High School (well I may have once or twice, but I do not remember!) It was so good, the only two things I was missing was the BIG chocolate chip cookie and letting it warm under the heating lamp and my chewy sweet tarts for my next class ;)

After Uncle Nick's hockey game was over we all went back to our cars and headed over to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner! I was so excited about that because the boys can actually eat there. Everything is cooked in lard :) -duh, that's why its so good! I didn't get anything to eat since I had my Bosco sticks. But the boys got chicken tenders, french fries and Sprites :)

Thanks Dad and Lisa for dinner and a FUN day! Cannot wait to spend the rest of the weekend with you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment