2.18.2011

::Knock Knock:: Delivery!

Today is the BIG day! Well, one of many at least :P Our new bed, our very first 'together' bed! We upgraded from a Queen to a King!



I was shocked when my cell phone rang and it was the delivery man telling me that he'd be here in 10 minutes. The estimated delivery time was between 10:30-1:30. It was 9:40 a.m.! Let the happy dance start! Thankfully I was able to move the 'old' bed myself this a.m. to our spare bedroom by myself before they came. *That's right I have arms of steel*! ::cough:: ;) They came and set it up and were done in about a half an hour. Sweet huh? I talked to my dad and he and Lisa were heading to the Galleria to do some shopping and then eating at the Cheesecake Factory. We decided to join since we weren't stuck in the house all day now.


The drive wasn't as bad as I thought that it would be. It only took a half an hour, which wasn't bad at all! We met them at The Cheesecake Factory and starting out shopping since it was lunch time and crowded. I found some amazing jewelry for my wedding dress at White House Black Market (where I got my dress from), however I couldn't get past the part of spending $48 on a necklace alone. I walked away and realized that I made a great decision. :) Then I passed Gymboree.... Such a deadly place for the bank account.. No, not really. I am Ms. Bargain with a capital B. I am all about the deals ;) I got a fleece, long sleeve shirt and IV some boxer briefs for $19 and some change! I showed IV his new boxers and he was so proud of them, he wanted to show them off :P
Our bellies started growling so we headed to the Cheesecake Factory. Yes there is a reason that I come here once or twice a year.. Their food is not only delicious but the portions are ginormous and their cheesecakes are amazing (lets not go into the fact that I hate 90% of the cheesecake Jeff brough last week....). I got the Chicken Breast Avacado Sandwhich and the boys got burgers with brocolli and green beans. They were a little cantankerous (difficult - not irritating) since they had not had naps, but they did good for not having one. Thanks dad and Lisa for an amazing lunch!
On the way out we stopped at Mrs. Fields Cookies. Hey... Just because I didn't have cheesecake doesn't mean I can't have a double chocolate brownie ;) Calories... Sheesh.. Eating something that is mouthwatering and makes me and my tummy very happy is what its all about! (What wedding dress do I have to fit into in a couple months, lol!)
After we had our delicious snacks we walked around for a bit more and then headed home. The boys and I took a nap and when we woke up, daddy was home! What a nice wake-up call! :) THEN I got text from Nick and he was telling me that he and Stephanie are able to watch the boys tonight for us so we can go out with Dad and Lisa! Oh my goodness. First night away together in 11 months!!!! Pinch me... Is this real? We went to Ameristar Casino - Bottleneck Blues Bar to see Dr. Zhivegas. Amazing band, amazing time, what a all around perfect night. Thank so much dad for the drinks, you didn't have to. We had a great time :) Not to metion my feet thank you. It had been awhile since they'd been in high heels ;) lol!
Nothing but smiles :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment