My new neighbor and friend Sarah offered to watch the boys for me today so I could run some errands with out the boys. Well lucky enough that we had this day planned. I woke up this morning thinking that my glasses felt weird... Pull them off and they break in half. :( At LEAST I get to say that my rimless frames lasted almost two years. This is the moment where Bill chimes in with the "I told you so!" And at least I can say, he was right. He told me a couple of months ago to go get new glasses and try contacts out. I of course didn't listen (yes, I just did admit to being stubborn..) So I obviously had to had same day pick up. Off to Lens Crafters (where they basically suck money from your wallet) I go. I dropped off the boys at Sarah's, chit-chatted for a few minutes and then headed out. First thing I did.... that's right.... Turned up the volume on the radio and jammed out!
I get to Lens Crafters and find out that they cannot give me new glasses because I need an eye exam (it had been two years). I was pretty bummed because lets face it, there goes another $65 for an exam and contact "help". Well I amazingly did the eye puffer well, which I am totally freaked out about. Yes call me a baby, I don't care. At leastI can admit it! Well it turns out that it was a good thing that I got an eye exam because my vision has changed and now I have a stigmatism in my left eye. WOOT, I can now see :)
I go into the 'special' room to put contacts in. Ok, first off I am literally scared to death to put eye drops in my eye.. Let alone touch it. However I am doing this all in the name of LOVE and taking the risk away of my boys injuring themselves or myself on my glasses. I am a BABY that's right, it deserves to be all capital letters. I cannot for the life of me put a darn contact in. GRR. So, lovely me.. ;) Told the guy that I had to get the boys picked up because I was on a limited schedule (which I was, so it wasn't a total fib), I wanted to come back with no make-up on (again, not a fib) and since I paid the fee for the 'contacts' if I could come back later. They said yes. Looks like I am heading back up to the Eye Doctors this weekend to 'try' again. Wish me luck, because well frankly... I need it and need it bad.
On the way home I stopped to pick up a few things and then headed over to Sarah's. I got there and heard the "MOOOMMMMMAA!" from Finn and it just melted my heart :) Of course Billy was excited to see me, however playing with Sean was much more fun! ;) Sarah made us a DELICIOUS lunch (thanks again!) and we sat around for an hour and chatted.
We left Sarah's and went back up to Lens Crafters to pick up my glasses. (Which by the way... Are kids glasses.. Yes, I have a small head...) they fit perfectly and was really happy with them! Since the boys did amazing sitting there while I got fitted and sized to make sure that my glasses fit perfectly we went down to the play place in the mall and I let the boys play for a little bit. I told them that it was time to get going since they were tired. On our way out through Sears, I saw the cutest jacket for IV. Darling. Was marked down another 60% off of the already 30% off. The jacket would have been $20.00 which is amazing for Lands End. (I think that was it..) Well he ran away, I caught up with him.. Look to find Finn and he's gone. Yupp, that sickening feeling where your heart drops and you stop breathing.. That happened to me. Ninja Finn decided that he wanted to leave and was at the front doors. Oh my goodness. We needless to say left with out the jacket and went home.
On the way home I decided that I needed a little... Pick-Me-Up. Thank you drive-thru Starbucks.. Oh how I needed at Venti NF Extra Hot Caramel Mocciato :)
I got home, embraced my coffee for a couple of sips then started cleaning the house. Ok, technically it wasn't cleaning... It was picking up and unpacking. Hell, it was organizing! Sort of....
We had leftovers since Daddy wasn't hungry when he got home. We decided to run a few errands and look at things for the house and then we headed home. Such a fun day, Scary day, Relaxing Day and loving day.
* Cheers to new glasses, new friendships and new experiences (even if they are scary) *


0 comments:
Post a Comment