Yesterday we didn't do too much... We veg'd out.. We infact were in our pj's most of the day! It was nice to watch a couple of movies with the boys and cuddle on the couch. It was a blast. We only wish that daddy was able to join with us... I think that he was a little bit jealous that he wasn't joining us.
Today is a VERY VERY BIG DAY!!!! Hoorah! I took Billy to see Dr. Gibbs today to get a second opinion on his weight. We got there early so that I could fill out paperwork. Billy sat at the table and read a few books. He found a "Elmo" book and immediatly said, "MoMo". Yeh, he knows Elmo! I guess he must know it from the baby Elmo we have and Live Elmo. Because we don't watch Seasame Street. Guess we better start because he was apparently very excited to see "Mo Mo". Shortly after waiting they called us back. They weighed Billy on the big scale. He thought that it was pretty cool he wanted to play with it all!
We waited in our room for a little bit and then Dr. Gibbs came in. We were in there for over an hour and it was one of the best experiences I've had in a LONG time. He was thorough and was listening to me, like a Dr. should! (Instead of running me out of there for the next patient like most practices.) He was incredibly proud of us for changing Billy's diet, he said that we 100% did the right thing! That made me very happy especially since our previous pediatrican told me that I should never had done it with-out consulting a dietician first. He wants us to keep him on this diet for awhile and take Casein out of his diet too, which we are basically doing already since he can't have milk anyway. He wants to see Billy at his 2 year well-check and if he hasn't seen a significant weight gain or anything, then we'll talk about further testing. He wants to see first how this diet goes. After speaking with him about Billy, I asked him if he would accept Billy and Finn as new patients..... He said... "YES".. I was so incredibly happy, I cried on the way home! So on our way out, they took a picture of Billy to put into their system, I made appointments for both boys for their next well-checks and then we left.
On the way home, I stopped at Starbucks... Uh-oh... its seriously dangerously close!! It's ok, I can treat myself now and then.. Ok... Once a week!! We got home and the boys had lunch and then they went down for their naps. Shortly after they fell asleep I started working out.. Tae-Bo.
I was craving a greasy burger sooooo bad... I've been doing so good on my diet except for a few days here and there.. I've lost almost 50 lbs since Finn has been born and I am under my pre-pregnancy weight from Billy!! So, I asked him if we could get a burger! He told me that we could go to Freddy's.. Which by the way, is AMAZING! They have a California Burger, sort of tastes like a burger from In & Out Burger (the animal style one)... But it still doesn't compare. The place is great though. Bill got home at 7 p.m. and I had the boys ready to go, so all we had to do was walk out the door. We got there and I grabbed a booth while Bill ordered the food. Luckily we went online to see if Bill was able to eat anything there and he can have the burger, it has no fillers. But he can't have the fries. They are fried in vegetable oil and that is basically just like soybean oil, which he can't have. We enjoyed such a great family outing! It was a blast and Bill and I said that we need to do this more often.
On the way home Bill turned left into the park across from out apt. complex! I was really excited! We didn't talk about doing it, he just did it! Billy had such a blast at the playground. He even climbed up part of it with daddy's help! I wish that I would have known that we were gowing there so I could have brought the camcorder (our digital camera broke). There were a couple snapshots that I really wish that I could have got. I had to leave them at the playground for a bit, Finn was hungry and cranky so I headed to the car to start feeding him and let him cool down. A few minutes later the boys met us up at the car and we headed back to the house.
Once we got home we got the boys cleaned up, Finn fed, Billy got his night-time milk and the kiddo's zonked out. We followed shortly after!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment