Yesterday I spent over 2 hours just cleaning the boys room. It was a helter-skelter-mess! I arranged things around and cleaned up a lot. The boys and I hung out a lot and just played and had a great time. Bill called me when he was on his way home and told me to start a few things for dinner. I fried up the bacon, boiled eggs, and chopped up some ham. We had Cobb salads for dinner. Once Bill got home he cut up the lettuce and made a home-made italian dressing and he made put together our plates. It was quite delicious. I've never had one before.. But the only dislike that I have about it is that it's waaayyy too salty... I could literally taste the salt. Between the black olives, bacon and ham it was almost too much for me. I would have it again, but not very often.
Today was quite the day... It all started by going to Starbucks. I owed Martha a coffee so I figured that I would just grab it this morning. Well, 15 minutes later I ordered and had my coffee, the longest line ever. Not to mention that the lady infront of me took 7 minutes to order her coffee... Well it obviously isn't coffee if it takes her that long to say what she wants... LOL!! I got to Funtastic Playland a few minutes later and it was perfect timing because they just got there too. Billy was so excited to see Emma, Luke and Christopher! We got inside and let the kids run wild... They really love this place.. Once again though, I forgot the camera.. UGH... Not having the small digital is really killing me.. I love that I can take pictures with the camcorder, but it's so bulky to carry around. I guess a few more months we'll be fine, but I am asking for a new one for X-Mas! The cutest thing happened while we were there. I was feeding Finn and Billy left my eye-sight, so I put the bottle down and walked over to where Billy was heading. There were these two little girls, probably 11 years old, if that. Talking to Billy.. Wow, go Billy..Not one, but TWO older girls.. Wow, he's already a ladies man! One of the little girls asked what his name was and how old he was and I told her and then she asked if she could play with him, that they would watch him. I said ok, no problem, but just stay over in this area, if you want to go anywhere else, let me know. They both agreed and took him over to the pirate ship to go down the slide. Seriously... How stinkin' cute is that?! The nice thing about Funtastic is that when you come in, they stamp the entire family with a number and before you leave, they check everyone to see if they all have the same number when you leave. That way no one can leave with someone else's kid. I love that they do that. Plus everything is gated. Kids can't get out. Billy played with the girls for a long time and then I had to tell him that it was time to go... It was almost lunch time and we'd been there for an hour and a half already. So, we all got ready to leave. Billy started to throw a fit and I told him that if he continuted that we wouldn't come back next week.. He immediately stopped!
This is when the day started to turn... We got home and I tried to feed Billy lunch.. He wanted nothing to do with it and started throwing it on the floor.. Oh-no! I diciplined him and told him to pick up everything on the floor and he did. After we picked it all up, he started rubbing his eyes... I put him in his crib, said good-night and got a kiss. I come back out to the living room to feed Finnegan and about 10 minutes not even later... I hear a jiggle at the door nob... HOLY COW.. You've got to be kidding me!!! He did not just climb out of his crib... He comes out rubbing his head and crying... I checked him out, he was fine and I cuddled with him for a minute and told him that he was to never do that again that he could get hurt. I finally calmed him down and he started rubbing his eyes again... So I laid him back down and not even two minutes later he was back out of his crib knocking on the door to get out!! This happened twice more... UGH! But here's the kicker.... Guess what Daddy did last week... He showed Billy exactly how to do this!! He is in sooo much trouble when he gets home :oP Ahh, what Father's teach their sons...
I fed Finnegan and he fell asleep. Once I got him down and I knew that he was sound asleep I pulled his pack n play into the bedroom that way Billy couldn't wake him up.. Then I got Billy and laid him on the couch with me. Shortly after, we both fell asleep. I woke up about an hour or so later and grabbed him and put him in his crib.
Bill came home early, well around 4:45 p.m. or 5:00 and let me relax for about an hour or so. Billy was still very very very cranky, so I changed clothes, grabbed him and the stroller and we went for a walk. We walked up and got the mail and then we walked around the apt. complex 4 times. Yeh, it was a nice walk, but in 104 degree weather it makes you kind of feel discusting! We got back and Bill had dinner almost done (I was shocked! I wasn't expecting him to make dinner!!! What a nice surprise that was!!!) and I hopped in the shower.
Bill had made some lettuce wraps. He used the chicken that I was going to bake. He used some really great spices and then put it in the food processor. It was unbelievable! A little spicy, but delicious! After dinner we gave both boys baths and then I went tanning with my neighbor Kimberly. I got home and I went to hang up my keys and jumped back about 5 feet! There was a little iguana, it was pink!! It was crawling up the wall.. I told Bill, he came over and checked it out. We opened the door and the crawled out. Oh the joys of Texas... We always seem to have some sort of insect in our home... Not to mention the fact that we have a rattle snake in the back yard (its a wooded area)... He rattles about twice a week.. I can never seem to locate him though.. But I can sure hear the rattle!!
We turned on "Chopped" on the Food Network.. Bill and I are addicted to their shows!! I fed Finn some Winter Squash... He apparently doesn't like it... He made himself gag on it and he puked every where. Luckily I saw it coming and he didn't get any on him, just the sheet on the floor. Got the sheet rinsed out and started the wash.. A little bit later both boys fell asleep and about 45 minutes later, Bill and I crashed too! Oh what a day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment