7.18.2009

Good MORNING, RISE AND SHINE!!! Today is the BIG day.. We're driving back to San Antonio. Bill and I didn't get much sleep... Between getting to bed really late, the kids waking us up in the middle of the night and then getting up early for the day... We were pretty much already exhausted.

We got the kids ready to go, the bags packed, the car loaded up. We said our good-bye's to my mom and Mike and we were on the road.. We had a few stops to make before we got going. We stopped at the storage unit that we have in St. Charles. I finally got some of my purses!! I can hear it now.. "Yes dear, we got box 8 & 9". When we first moved to San Antonio, that's what he told me... But low and behold, guess what boxes were missing when we got there. Hmm, I wonder why?! Bill once told me that he would rather me go out and buy 200 pair of shoes than a purse... Hmm.. where's the nearest DSW!?! ha! So, I needless to say didn't get my "two boxes", I just got a few wallets and two purses. We found a box that had my Tae-Bo dvd's which I was totally excited about!! Yeh for Bill for stumbling upon that box. We got our wine rack, a few recipe books and little niknaks. Then we had to stop by the dealership to get a headrest that was missing in the car.

Woohoo, it was 12:30 ish when we finally left for San Antonio. The drive went remarkably well. I only had to sit in the back for a few hours and play with Finn and keep him entertained. Bill drove 90% of the time, I drove almost 200 miles, he drove the other 800 miles. We stopped only a few times to get gas, let Billy run around and to get food. We pretty much would only stop every 300 miles, unless it was a must. The dvd players worked out great, we even put one infront of Finn, he now loves Ratatouille too! ha!

Around 1-2:00 a.m. we stopped at a rest area to get some sleep. I didn't get much, but Bill got around 2 hours of sleep. Luckily though I was able to sleep in the car.. Which I usually never am able to do, so you know that I was completely exhausted. We pulled into our parking spot at our apartment complex at 5:35 a.m.

0 comments:

Post a Comment