We all woke up early this morning and got ready to go! One of Bill's co-workers (Alix) let us know about a Farmer's Market that she goes to. It's every Saturday until noon. So we loaded up the car and headed out. We got there and put Finn in the stroller and Daddy and Billy held hands. It was a empty field with about 10+ Farmers. They had their pick-ups unloaded with all their goods. The first time we just walked to all of them just to check out what they had. Then the shopping began! We got peaches, green beans, blackberries, cucumbers, shallots, and tomatoes! All for the price of $17! Un-believable!
When we left we drove over to the Quarry to see what they had over there and along the way... Guess what we stumbled upon. . . . A FIVE GUYS!! YES! I am waiting for the day to go blow my diet there. My first Five Guy Burger was in NY... Soon after I found out that they have one in STL now (which if you haven't gone yet.. I highly reccomend!) So we were super excited to see that. On the way home we stopped at Cosi and had lunch. Bill had had it before in D.C. and promised that he would take me there one day, so today was the day! OMG..... I got a half of a Chicken, Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella on a wheat flatbread and a half of a Ceasar Salad. It was the most amazing meal I have had recently! I would put it on my Top 3 restaurant list!
We came home so the boys could take a nap, which took forever for Billy... I don't know what his problem was, but he didn't want to go down. The poor little guy was exhausted! After the kiddo's woke up, we went to Sun Harvest Market. I had heard about it through a friend of ours and wanted to go so we could get Billy some stuff he could eat since he is lactose intolerant. I could tell that Bill wasn't too thrilled with going, but he went ahead with it and he was even shocked at how much he liked it there. He even said that next time that I have to go that he wants me to wait so he can go with me! We got some steaks for dinner and then we got Billy some Soy Strawberry Icecream, Soy Yogurt, and some munchies. Bill fell in love with what they had in their dispensers. They had every kind of imaginable flour, even Soy! So he had fun with the goodies they had!!
We got home and Bill fired up the grill. I had to run to the grocery store to pick up a few things that we were out of and then we had dinner. The steaks turned out great! We usually buy steaks at Costco in bulk, but the steaks that Sun Harvest had looked good so we grabbed them. Afterwards we put the kid's down for the night and watched a little bit more of Austrailia and had a drink together..
What a GREAT day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment