7.31.2010

New York Post Three
Saratoga Children's Mueseum & Schroon Lake Reunion
First off - WOW. The Saratoga Children's Mueseum was amazing - to die for. I really wish that they had something like this in San Antonio, TX. It was so hands on. We climbed in the house and underneath the house, we danced, we road the trolly - aka train -, the boys collected our tickets - was the conductor - driver - passenger. The next room we were a Vet looking at bones on the x-ray machine. We fed the 'animals' in the cages, we saw our shadows. The next thing I know we're heading upstairs for more! There was construction room, diner, firetruck, bank, post office, market, school and a room where they had craft time and other little toys for the kids to play with as well as music. It was phenomenal. Thank you Ronnie for sharing that with us and going with us. It was a top ten for me (boys too!). The boys adored going down the fireman's pole and handing out cash at the bank. The thought that the market was cool, Billy loved playing with the registar and Finnegan loved eating/drinking! We 'drove' the firetruck in all of our gear and put out fires! It was so fun!
The next day we left for Schroon Lake for Bill and Ronnie's reunion. We got to grandma and grandpa's and hung out for a little bit and then headed over to where they went to school. It was such an amazing experience to have our boys at the school where their grandma and grandpa went. Although we weren't able to go inside since they were remodeling, there was a little playground behind the school that the boys played on for quite awhile. Finnegan loved to swing with me and Billy wanted to hang out with Joshua, which was adorable. He really looked up to him. They thought the car that rocked back and forth was really cool. Apparently Bill Jr. and I did too because we had fun rocking them! Billy was timid towards the Dinosaur. I guess they still scare him - poor guy. After we got done playing and walking around the school, we headed to get some lunch. We decided about 35 minutes after waiting for the food that Bill Jr, Joshua, the boys and I would head down to 'the secret spot' to have lunch. Once we got there we took the trail down to the very bottom of the river and went for a walk in the shallow part. ::Caution:: When babywearing in a back carry be careful of slippery rocks! Oye. Thank God I had balance that day - I normally don't! The water was very chilly but we still had a great time. Papa showed us how to skip rocks and Joshua went 'diving' for rocks so the boys could throw them right back in! Once the gang arrived and brought our lunches we all sat down and ate. While we were there Grandma, Tammy and Shiloh showed up and hung out with us too. It was perfect and I cannot wait to go back again. After our lunch we headed to the lake to go swimming and play in the sand. This time I didn't wake Finnegan up and let him sleep in the car with Grandma. Joshua, Billy and I went down for almost an hour and had an amazing time. We tried to make sandcastles, Joshua went diving (for real this time!) for more rocks for Billy. Billy and I just walked out in the water and when he wanted to go further I scooped him up and went as deep as I could - insert laugh go ahead hun . . I know, I am 5'1 - ;o) After our fun little trip to the beach we went back to Great Grandma and Great Grandpa's house to get ready to go to the dinner for the reunion. It was a lot of fun meeting Bill Jr.'s and Ronnie's friends that they went to school with (Tammy and Neils too!). The food was great. Unfortuately we had to cut it short because the boys were starting to melt they were whooped. It was a long day. So we headed home. Both boys were out before we even got to the highway :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment