12.09.2009

Visit to St. Louis and and Early Christmas!

The day after Thanksgiving, we all relaxed for a bit and then got ready and did a little shopping.. The guys went to Cabela's and mom and I went to Marshall's. My best friend Jessica works at a jewelry store at that mall, so we stopped by and chatted with her for a bit. It was sooo great to see her! After a little bit of shopping, we all met back up and left for lunch. We went to Steak and Shake (YUMMY! - I love being on vacation and eating bad food!!) My Grandma Joan met us there and we had a delicous lunch. After that we went to Hobby Lobby so I could get materialy to make a blanket for Stephanie for Christmas. That night we celebrated Bill and Billy's birthdays! It was a lot of fun :o) Here are some pictures:
On Saturday we got up bright and early and left for the St. Louis Science Center. They had a Dinosaur exhibit. Billy loves to say "Roar" when you ask him what a Dinosaur says, so we figured that he would really love it, especially since he'll pick one out in a book and say "Roar". Well.... He was terrified... Terrified to the point where he saw T-Rex, he started saying, "No! No!" and started shaking.. So needless to say, that was a VERY bad idea! We immediately left the room and headed to the other part of the exhibit that did NOT show a BIG dinosaur! We saw fossils, felt what it would be like to be apart of a earthquake, what heavy winds are like, a volcano and then.... We went to "The Senses" room. It was AWESOME! We all played in there for over an hour. We had to get going because the boys were getting a little sleepy and also had a birthday party to attend. The minute that we got to the car and left, both boys passed out! Here are some pictures:
When we got home, we all rested for a little bit (Billy and Daddy took a nap!) we got ready for a very close family friends 50th Birthday Party, it was hosted by her daughter at her sisters Italian Restaurant. We stayed for a little bit, the boys needed to get home, there was no place for them to run around and play. We stopped by DQ on the way home and got dessert (mmm!).

Sunday was Christmas at the Ogle's! Grandma Joan came over and enjoyed Christmas with us. The boys had a BLAST opening presents. Finnegan got a "Cars" car and Billy fell in love with it! Billy pushed Finnegan on it, then Finnegan pushed Billy on it! It was ADORABLE. I... wasn't to thrilled with what I got for Christmas... It was only a KINDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOO! I was like a little kid in a candy store when I opened my present! We had a wonderful Christmas, thank you Mom, Mike, and Grandma Joan!!!


We had a wonderful dinner, mom made lasagna... It was amazing. After dinner, I had fun downloading some free books on my Kindle. Bill and I then left to go to our Storage Unit to get our ski equiptment out (we're going to CO in February!) When we got home, I helped him pack... :o(

The rest of the week FLEW by! Monday I just relaxed around the house and did laundry. Tuesday Jessica stopped by and we hung out for a bit.. Wednesday Mom was off, early that morning I went to Target and Kohls to get a few things and then when I got home, we went to the mall and returned some stuff that we couldn't travel back to San Antonio with and clothes that were to small for Finnegan, since he's bigger than BILLY! Then we had lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. Friday we went to my Grandma & Grandpa Hunters house and hung out for a little bit!! That night was a BIG BIG BIG night for Finnegan... He walked to Papa Mike! We got it on video!!! I can't wait until Bill can download/convert it so I can post it!! He's getting soo big. Then, after all that going on, there was a knock on the door and it was carolers! I have never seen it before besides on movies.. What a great experience! Billy loved clapping for them, it melted my heart. My dad also go in town late Friday as well. Saturday the minute we woke up, we left for my Grandma Joan's house since my dad and Lisa were there. (Mike got sick late Friday night with the flu). They were soo excited to see us! My Great Grandma Roe, Great Aunt Dot and Great Aunt Ginny came over and shortly after they arrived my Grandma's cousin Carol Sue and her husband Charlie stopped by to see us. They all couldn't believe how big the boys were getting. I got ready shortly after everyone left and we left to run a few errands... I had to go to the Sprint store and then had to run back to my moms since I am loosing my mind and FORGOT Billy's shoes! So by the time I got back to Grandma's it was practically time to leave for dinner. We all went to PF Changs... I am in love... I love that place! What an AWESOME experience as well!! The waitress that we had asked if anyone had food allergies... I said that my son had a severe sensitivity to SOY. She was amazing as well as the manager and really took care of us. So, when the bill came I gave my dad additional money for the tip and he wrote a little note to go along with it: "Thank you for helping me eat healthy! Love, Billy". :o) Sunday we headed back over to my grandma's house for breakfast and to say good-bye to dad and Lisa. I started to feel horrible, I must of had a touch of what Mike had... Monday I packed and got everything organized, Grandma Joan came over to see the boys one last time and I also wrapped all the Christmas presents. That night we opened Christmas presents and got ready for our flight on Tuesday! Well Tuesday came and Mom had a touch of what Mike had... Our flight kept getting delayed and delayed... and for some reason I decided to check once again and it went back to practically our original departure time!!! OMG! It was 3:00 when Mike got there, we got to the airport and the service was AMAZING, we didn't even have to wait in line, they took care of everything for us while we sat and waited... Got through security, gate checked the stroller and literally got in line for our flight, we almost missed it! Our flight was a little bumpy, but not horrible. We were soooooooooooooooo excited to see Daddy!! He had surprises for us :o) He purchased a new car seat for Billy and we gave Billy's to Finnegan... They each got a hotwheel from him! On our way home we stopped and got Subway for dinner. When I got home, Bill surprised me with a new fruit/veggie stand... OMG! I love it!!! He also set up the table with placemats/napkins and had candles out... ;o) He's amazing! I am so blessed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment