Today I woke up very sick.. Finn woke up at 6:00 a.m. and I asked Bill if he would kindly take care of him so I could get a little bit more sleep. I have a fever, sore throat, cough, and my head feels like the size of the state that we're living in.. Blach... I hope the kids don't get it from me. I am constantly washing my hands and using hand sanitizers. Billy also has had a runny nose and a cough too since yesterday. We took it pretty easy this morning and thank GOD the boys were good for Momma.. They must of known that I wasn't feeling good. :o)
Around 12:40 or so we left for Billy's Dr.'s appt. He weighed 23 lbs 13 oz. Still a 6 oz weight loss since last month.. Ugh. This was a very emotional trip for me. I really wish that Bill could of been there. We talked and he thinks that Billy needs to see the Gastro Dr. as soon as the request goes through and I can get in. The tests that will most likely be performed at the Gastro. Dr. will be the following; Blood work, Stool Sample, and a procedure where they'll stick a tube down his throat and take biopsies of his intestines. He said that he wasn't happy that we switched his diet, that we should have consulted with a dietician first. I am partial to his statement, I see where he is coming from... But I also am aggravated because if it wasn't for Bill and I experimenting with his cronic diarrea, then we would have never found out that he had problems with Soy. Then he basically said that I need to stop feeding my son Milk and Water all day.. I don't! He is limited to 2 1/2 - 3 Milks a day. Which is reccomended! So I am following the correct way! He thinks the Billy has either; Celiac Disease or Cystic Fibrosis.. We don't think that its the CF at all. Then he procedes to tell me that I should cut Rice Milk completely and give him PediaSure... Well, hello . . He can't have PediaSure, it has milk in it... He's lactose intolerant.. UGH... I then tell him what Billy has ate all day and he says nothing at all.. No response, packs up his things and asks if I have any other questions.
Bill and I both decided that we are going to switch pediatricians and get a second opinion. Then we'll follow up with the Gastro Dr. I am calling tomorrow and making a appt. with the new Dr.
I have been an emotional wreck today.. I am probably extra sensitive because I am sick... We will come to the bottom and this and get through this. We WILL get Billy well and get some meat on those bones!!!
After his appt. I went to Target to pick up some over the counter meds for me. Come on, kick in! I also got an iced coffee.. Its the only thing that sounds good and feels good on my throat. I have no appetite. Maybe thats good and I'll loose a few lbs! LOL, just joking.
Finn has been extra cranky... He's teething so bad.. Poor little guy has 8 teeth coming in. Now Billy has his two year molers coming in I think.. He's been chewing on his fingers for the past couple of days. My poor little guys! It was so funny, I put Finn in his bouncy seat, Billy was really wanting me to cuddle with him. So we're cuddling, Finn's screaming because he wants to be held... And Billy gets off of my lap and starts playing with some toys... Then I realize Finn stopped crying... I look over and Billy put Finn's binkie in Finn's mouth!!! Billy thought that he was in trouble, I reassured him that he wasn't and told him "thank you" over and over! How cute is that!?
Around 5 p.m. Finn fell asleep. Then Billy and I cuddled and watched a little bit of Ratatouille "TOOO TOOO!" Billy must have been exhausted because while he was sitting on my lap I was in the glider rocker and the next thing I know he's sound asleep. I turned him around and held him like a little baby and just loved on him! He's such a amazing little guy, I just want him to get better. Him and Finn (and of course Bill too!) are my world! I couldn't imagine my life with out the three of them.
When Bill got home from work, we talked for a bit and then left for HEB to get some high calorie foods for Billy. We did pretty good picking some stuff out for him, so hopefully he'll eat it.. He's such a picky eater.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment