We woke up on Sunday morning with full intentions of celebrating Christmas with Dave and Chris that day and then packing up our truck and leaving early on Monday morning. Well... Guess the weather had something else planned on us. The storm that had hit Atlanta was moving its way up to New York. At 5 p.m. it was suppose to start and by the next evening there was to be more than a foot of snow.
Luckily when finding this out Dave had called me and I had told him that we were getting ready to leave and they were able to come over before we left to see the boys and celebrate Christmas.
We didn't get everything packed in the truck and had to leave a few things behind :( But hopefully we'll have it shipped soon!
We stared on the road at about 1:45 p.m. and headed home. :( We were really looking forward to spending an extra day there, but if we would have stayed then we would have been stuck for a few days.
The drive went pretty smooth. Finnegan was over tired so he ended up crying alot. I moved to the back to sit with him and that helped. We pulled into our condo at 5:00 a.m. unpacked the car and all went to sleep. Since Bill did 95% of the driving I got up with the boys so that he could sleep however long he wanted. When he woke up I went back to bed. When I got up, boy I was shocked to see that almost all the boxes had been unpacked, dinner was thawing out and the boys were napping. :)
90% of everything is put away... Hoping to get this house in shape and in order by tomorrow night. But who I am kidding.... Its a BIG chunk to take! ;) Good night ya'll.
12.27.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment